Thursday, April 19, 2012

Darkest Wolf By Rebecca Royce

This is a great book Rex and Liz story is really good they both  over come their own ghosts to find each others love We havent heard of the Author before doing this review we are  fans now we had to go buy the others in the series 

 
Ok, Rebecca, how about a few questions to entice the readers?
Sounds good!

When did you start writing?
I wrote my first book when I was in fourth grade. But, in all seriousness, I started writing ‘for publication’ when I was pregnant with my second son in 2008.  I had become sort of obsessed, thanks to the pregnancy hormones, with paranormal romances.  My husband challenged me to see if I could write one myself and it all blossomed from there.

What spurred you to become an author?
I love to tell stories. I always have. Even as an adult, I have a pretty active fantasy life in my head. It seemed a natural fit to share those ideas with all of you.

What gave you your inspiration for this book?
Rex’s story in the Westervelt Wolves series has been blooming for a long time. Initially, Her Wolf, the first book in the series and the first book I ever published was going to be a stand alone, one time shot kind of a book. But, all of a sudden, half-way through the book, Tristan’s brothers became as interesting to me as Tristan was.

In fact, as far as all the brothers went, Rex is the most featured in Her Wolf outside of Tristan. But he was the youngest and, very obviously from the beginning, the most misunderstood. In Her Wolf, Tristan spends a lot of time really thinking that Rex has betrayed him.  I stopped to ask myself why.  Out of all of them, why think Rex would be the one to betray the pack?

His story kind of blossomed from that question.  He’s been sent on a mission to capture a witch who can save Westervelt.  It’s his last shot to, finally, once and for all, show the pack he can be trusted. He’s so perpetually misunderstood. 

He finds a witch. No problem. Ah, but there is where the complication comes in. She’s not just any witch. She’s his mate.  Destined to him for all time. And she’s been cursed.  Can Rex force his mate back to Westervelt if she doesn’t want to go? Are her needs more important than his own? What will he do?

And that’s, I guess, where Darkest Wolf came from. 

Darkest Wolf, without giving anything major away, give us your best pitch if you had to do it in 5 sentences. Please? *winks*

Darkest Wolf is book 7 in the Westervelt Wolves series. It’s the story of Rex and Elizabeth.  Their journey is filled with heat, action, and romance.  If they succeed, their families can be saved.  If they don’t…all is lost.

Looking at your blog, you are quite accomplished! 
We started with book 7 of the Westervelt Wolves Series and I have to say, we definitely will be going back to read the first 6!?
Thanks!

Ok, now a Bakin’ Goddesses question:  If you were a dessert, what would it be and why?
Oooh. Good question. I LOVE dessert.  Um. Jersey Shore Waffles with Vanilla Ice Cream because they’re good to eat any time of the day.

What do I think they would eat during a romantic dinner? 
I think Rex would feed Elizabeth Maine Lobster, since that’s where he’s from.  All smothered in butter with white wine.  Or maybe a locally brewed beer. 

Elizabeth would like this but she’s really more of a Florida girl.  She’d want him eating more seafood from her neck of the woods. Oysters, Shrimp.  That kind of thing. 

It would be a delicious power struggle to see which seafood won the day.

Are you a full-time writer or is this book something you wrote when you came home from work, on weekends, during holidays?
Full Time Writer, Full Time Homemaker. I write every day in between everything else.

Do you let the characters tell their stories or did they allow you to steer them in the directions you thought they should go?
I have general ideas of how things should go but they mostly tell their own stories.

Rebecca, please tell us a little bit about your favorite characteristics of the main character, Rex. 
I’m so excited that he is so different, being completely black pelted when he shifts.
Rex is…troubled.  He really tries to do the right thing even when it goes against what everyone else wants him to do. He’s loyal to those he loves but he’ll stand against them if he think they’re going down the wrong path.  In his deepest heart, he’s sweet and needy. But he’d never admit that.

Now, about Elizabeth, being as sheltered as she was, what was the hardest part about writing her character or did she just blossom on the pages for you?
Elizabeth had to find her backbone and remember who she was raised to be. She’s sheltered but she’s powerful. If only she can refind her power.  I sometimes wanted to shake her…”No Elizabeth, you are making the wrong decisions!”

Well, this is the seventh book in the series (eighth if you’ve read Wolf’s Valentine, which is a short story) and it sets the scene for the final battle, which will come next.  I’m just so grateful that readers have embraced these stories and I hope they’ll keep reading them!

We would like to thank Rebecca for stopping by and Goddessfish Productions for giving us this opportunity.  Ya’ll run out and grab a copy of Darkest Wolf because a witch and a wolf can only be......more than Magical!
The blurb:

Rex Kane has always known he was different than his brothers, down to the fact that when he shifts into his wolf form, his coat is completely black. Always in trouble, he is given one more chance by his brother Tristan, the Alpha of the Westervelt pack, to bring back to their island a witch who can stop some of the magical assault that has plagued their war-torn home. Rex knows he has one last chance to set things right. Everything depends on him and he cannot fail.

Elizabeth Willow has been cursed to look so repulsive no human eyes can bear to view her. Raised in a gentle coven of witches, she is ill prepared for the realities of the harsh world she now lives in. Raised to mistrust wolf-shifters as witch-killers, she cannot seem to help being drawn to Rex. Even if she doesn't believe she is his so-called mate. He can see her as she really is and is the first person to look her in the eyes in years. Although she is not naturally devious, she sees no choice but to use Rex to gain her own freedom and her families' safety.

Together, Rex and Elizabeth will see just how evil the people around them can be. If they can trust their hearts, perhaps they will survive another night. If not, both of their battles will never be won.


 Rebecca will be giving away a $50 Amazon.com gift certificate


10 comments:

Mary Preston said...

It's a very exciting idea to have a witch & a wolf. I agree about the magical.

marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Thank you for hosting Rebecca

Catherine Lee said...

Rex feeding Elizabeth succulent Maine lobster would definitely win out. YUM. There's a lot of Florida seafood I like, but nothing's like Maine lobster.
catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

MomJane said...

I just can't believe I never heard of the other books in the series. This series sounds awesome. I am really looking forward to reading them all.

Rebecca Royce said...

Thanks so much for having me.

Anonymous said...

Just because I love Rebecca Royce and love Bakin' Goddesses, I had to stop and say HOWDEEEE!

Rebecca, I saw Jersey Shore and thought 'hair gel', not waffles. lol

Heather

Joanne said...

Good for your husband for challenging you. This book (and series) sounds amazing. I have not read it yet but I'm going to check them out. Congrats.

e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

Unknown said...

Isn't Shauni awesome? I know this post was late but she broke her finger and I had a severe allergic reaction and my face literally blew up like a balloon! It was awful and we apologize for being late!

Keep Reading Goddesses!
Kimberly

cait045 said...

It all does sound very magical indeed!
usignolc(at)yahooDOTcom

Dina said...

another fun blog thanks for coming Rebecca

Dina

dlsmilad at yahoo dot com

Post a Comment