Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Recipe To Get Us Started Again!

Greetings My Goddesses!
I have missed you all so much.  I am getting back in the swing of things and joining Goddess Fish Promotions (I have to fill out their questionnaire again) to get you some new and upcoming reviews!

Tell me.....What have y'all been reading?  I know it is scorching in most places, which is time to either cuddle up in the AC (that's my idea of a great place to read), lounging on the beach, or catching those rays at the pool.  Of course, I'm sure quite a few of us are reading while taking children, parents, significant others, etc, etc, etc, (you get the point) to their many adventures -- camp.....my nieces are in camp this summer.  Everything from their church organized camps, cheerleading camps and one of my nieces is going off to college at Texas A&M in College Station! I'm so proud of her!

Here is a photo of my dream bookshelf! Its can be for both my favorite books and my many cookbooks as well! I'm not going to be picky....I just think this is awesome!  What do you think?

I'm not sure about who took the photo.  I did research it; however, I did find it on this FaceBook Page No, I do NOT have too many books!

Ok, I digress....So, I thought I would share a recipe with my favorite Goddesses since I haven't done that in such a very long time!

*Digging through the plethora of recipes*

Hmmmmm......What to give you for some snacks to go with all these books......I'VE GOT IT!!! Perfect for the heat and well, YUMMO!


Orange Creamsicle Truffles ~Frisky

Yield: 20 truffles

Ingredients

1/4 cup butter
Zest of 1/2 orange
3 Tbsp heavy cream
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 tsp orange extract
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Red and yellow food coloring (optional)
Directions

Pour white chocolate chips into a mixing bowl, set aside. Melt butter along with orange zest in a small saucepan. Stir in cream and scald mixture. Pour hot cream mixture through a fine mesh sieve over white chocolate chips and using a rubber spatula press zest against sieve to release orange oils into mixture. Allow mixture to rest 1 minute, add orange extract and optional food coloring to white chocolate chip mixture then stir until smooth. Cover mixture and refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to handle. Scoop mixture out by heaping teaspoon fulls and form into balls then roll in powdered sugar. Freeze truffles 20 minutes then enjoy. Store truffles in refrigerator as they will soften at room temperature or freeze for up to 1 month.


I have found SEVERAL delicious recipes from this page on FaceBook -- I find recipes EVERYWHERE but the people who run this page are AMAZING at finding some great recipes.  Some of them may seem a little "different" to you; however, I know for a fact that some of them are to DIE FOR!

Well, my lovelies, I will leave you with an Etsy shop that I came across via the Confession of Crafty Witches page.  If you love to pamper yourself with natural products, Mystic is the one you want to go see.  I have tried a few of her items -- everything I purchased was of excellent quality.  Now, if you have never tried an herbal tea (or if you have and are looking for something new), you definitely want to try this.  I add it to my Twinings Lady Grey tea and I'm in a blissful state of comfort.  The aromatherapy that you get when paired with the hot water and the flavor that bursts on your taste buds is soothing and something I highly recommend!
This photo comes directly from Mystic Moonshines Etsy Page.
This is the Stress relief Tea/Smoking blend

You can find Mystic Moonshines' Etsy shop (for the Stress Relief Tea) Here -- Tell her Bakin' Goddess sent you.

And this item, I HIGHLY recommend.  There is nothing more decadent that relaxing in a milk bath with lavender.  She combines the most lovely products to come up with a product that just makes you sigh with relief! (Again, this photo came from Mystic's Etsy Shop and belongs to her).
This is the Lavender Goddess Milk Bath

You can find this item Here.

Be Well, Goddesses, and remember to keep on reading!


0 comments:

Post a Comment