Friday, April 8, 2011

Review of Children's Book: Shoe-La-La by Karen Beaumont, LeUyen Pham

This is an awesome 40-page hardback book. The dust jacket is beautifully done with sparkly embossing (if that's the tight word). The text of the book rhymes and has an amazingly cute storyline about girls and their shoes, going to a shoe store and making a mess of the store after having a ton of fun trying to decide which pair of shoes would look best with which "outfit". When I got this book in the mail (that I won in a blog contest), I read it to my 7-month-old granddaughter and she was mesmerized by the colors and the brilliantly thought-out whimsical illustrations.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants to read to any girl (young or old). It brought a huge smile to my face as well while I read it to her.

If I were to rate this book I would give it 4.5 stars. This is one book you must pick up.

Keep Reading Dearhearts

Bakin_Goddess

0 comments:

Post a Comment